Gender equality means equal rights, duties and opportunities for women and men, girls and boys. It is achieved when they have equal conditions, resources and opportunities to shape their own lives and influence the society. Although women suffer mostly from discrimination based on their sex gender equality is not merely a women’s issue. It concerns and involves men as well, and men’s engagement is important in the work towards gender equal power relations and society.
Applying gender equality approach means:
- Implementing various national and international gender equality standards about women’s and girls’ rights;
- Promoting women’ representation in different power positions so as to increase equal sharing of power within an organization/institution;
- Ensuring that women and men, girls and boys have equal access to, control of and benefit equally from different resources, decisions, policies, projects, programs, services etc.
The consultancy services may include:
- Designing and conducting gender analysis;
- Designing and conducting gender reviews/assessments;
- Providing strategic advice on how to promote gender equality in different development sectors such as:
- Gender and land
- Gender and corruption
- Gender and infrastructure
- Gender and energy
- Gender and ICT
- Gender and poverty
- Gender and education
- Gender and entrepreneurship
- Gender and labor market
- Gender and political participation
- Gender-based violence
- Gender, peace and security
- Gender and environment
- Designing and conducting different gender capacity development interventions such as trainings, workshops, seminars, conferences, coaching, online courses etc.
- Applying gender mainstreaming methodology which means integrating gender perspective into all operations;
- Designing and delivering courses on men and masculinities;
- Conducting gender evaluations and developing gendered monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Developing gendered projects/programs based on RBM approach (result-based management);
- Developing various materials such as manual, guides, policy papers, policy briefs etc.